- Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Top 10 Lists
You might be a redneck Jedi if...
Surprises In The Special Edition
What can I say. Star
Wars is the greatest! How many movies do you know that can be 20 years
old and still be so popular? Kenner is making a fortune off the 20 year
old movie license. Selling toys like the movie came out last month! Then
to have the movie fixed up and re-released! Yikes! Talk about rollin' in
the dough. That gives a clear indication as to the movie's popularity.
Star Wars: Power of
the Force Toy Line
Before we begin, let me say..I
was a collector (with the intent to open everything), not a SCALPER!
- Lets start with the first figures released
- Luke Skywalker: Yikes! Looks like
been hittin' the 'roids!
- Princess Liea: Looks like she fell out
of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!
- Ben Kenobi: Pretty cool. Looks like him.
Hard to stand up, though.
- Darth Vader: He is here to PUMP! You up!
Enough with the muscles already!
- Han Solo: Someone needs to release the
pressure in his chest before he explodes!!!
- Chewbacca: Very nice.
- R2D2: Wow! No sticker this time!
- C3PO: Looks great! Now only if they would
do U3PO (silver one).
- Stormtrooper: You can never have enough
- Luke in Degobah outfit: Pretty bland but
not as pumped up.
- Han in Hoth outfit:
- Yoda: As cute as a little pie!
you like wrinkled green muppet pies!
- Lando: Check out the bell bottoms! Thats
funny, in the movie he didn't have bell bottoms.
- TIE Fighter pilot: Cool. One of my
That helmet is soooo cool!
- Boba Fett: Pretty cool.
Boba, Boba, Boba, Boba, Boba, Say it several times and it sounds funny.
- Luke in X-Wing suit: The figure
is in the Hoth flight suit. The pic on the package is the Yavin one.
- Han in Stormtrooper suit: This is a great
figure. The arms are just suited for holding the blaster.
- Deluxe Stormtrooper: Pretty neat backpack.
Can use it for all sorts of stuff.
- Luke in Corscant guard uniform: Fancy
version of the emperor's guards. Helmet looks funny.
- IG-88: Looks like a skinny robot.
- Prince Xizor: Rather have my tounge stapled
to the floor with a croquet hoop than talk about him.
- Dash Rendar: Nice to have a new face in
the mix. Don't care for the left arm (sticks out too much).
- Biker Scout: Yikes! One of my favorite
characters but.. Only looks decent on speeder bike.
- Han with carbonite slab: Pretty bland.
Arms look like they were blue and then painted over.
- Liea as Boushh: Looks like the old figure.
Pretty nice though. At least the face looks improved.
- Swoop Bounty hunter: In my opinion this
is one of the coolest figures! I wish every figure was articulated at the
knees. Cool suit. Looks cool standing or sitting on swoop (unlike speeder
- Luke in Jedi outfit: Check out his Star
Trek boots! Legs too far apart. Still looks like a monkey.
- Chewbacca as Snoova: Pretty neat
Better than plain old chewy.
- Greedo: Nice detail on face. Don't like
the pink jacket and shoes. These are on the new Green cards. They really
look nice. Classy!
- Death Star Gunner: Pretty good for a background
- Sandtrooper: Ah.... aren't Stormtroopers
- Sandpeople: Take off his rags and he looks
like a mummy!
- R5D4: Please! I got out the fingernail
clippers as soon as I got this one home! Clipped off the guns on the legs
and the plastic bit in between the feet. He looks fine now!
- Hammerhead: Looks better with the jacket
- Luke in Stormtrooper suit: This is the
way the original Stormtrooper should have been! Perfect!
- Jawas: Pretty cute! Barf!!!! Neat that
there are 2 in every package. Cool light up eyes. Utinni!
- Luke Skywalker in Hoth Uniform : Pretty
nice sculpt. They are getting better and better. Just compare the Han in
Hoth to the Luke in Hoth.
- Hoth Trooper: Again, nice sculpt. I especially like the backpack.
- 21B Medical Droid: Those have to be the
worst looking legs on any figure.....ever! Oh well, MORE DROIDS!!!!!!
Just like Storm Troopers, you can never have enough droids! Paint him black
and you have an Imperial Medical Droid!
- Bossk: This is the gem of this release.
Nice detail! An excellent figure!
- ATST Driver: Blah. Not much here.
At least he has a vehicle for him to hide in. ;)
- S'more coming soon.
- Han Solo in Endor outfit: Paint his coat
brown and BAM! you have Deckerd for Blade Runner!
- Lando in Skiff Guard disguise:
bland figure, not much here, Looks better with mask on.
- Bib Fortuna: Most detailed figure of this
assortment. Looks like Jedi Luke's clothes underneath the cloak. Bib's
hands look like a comic character. Little arms and big fingers.
- C3PO Carrying Case: Here's a tip, take a
little bit of paper and wrap it around the pegs of the black plastic figure
holders, this will keep the holder strip things form falling out on their
own, spilling your figs every time you open the case.
- Dengar: Talk about a geek! Does this guy
look like he could be in the middle of a cool action scene? I don't think
- Grand Moff Tarkin: Yippie! Rapture! I
hope they make more officers.
- Ponda Baba: He looks a lot less like a
carrot (like the old fig.) now.
- ASP Droid: More like ASS droid! Does
this figure even look like it belongs in the Star Wars Universe? Me thinks
- Emperor: Oh
yhea! You gotta have the supreme benevolent leader of the galaxy! Oops,
there's that darn Imperial conditioning
- Garudian: Not that wonderful. Neat little
comm sculpted into his hand. What kind of spy is this?! He would STICK out
in a crowd like...like.....someone who would stick out in a crowd.
- Ronto and Jawa: bla!
- Dewback and Stormtrooper: Its pretty neat.
The sand/dirt detail on the ST doesn't match the sand/dirt detail on the
- Han and Jabba: The Han is ok, but I DO NOT LIKE
that nasty looking Jabba. I'll wait until the Jedi Jabba comes out thank
- Millennium Falcon Carring Case:
looks ok, just a Luke body with gray in the place of the off white.
- Han in Bespin clothes: Finally a cool
looking Han Solo Figure!
- EV9D9: Skinny robot, good for....nothing.
Not built for action.
- Yak Face: Where is this dude's shoulders?!
- Gammorean Guard: Nice sculpt. Heaviest
- Rancor Keeper: Watch out Luke, here's...this....fat....guy.
Oh well, he's a nice background fig.
- Snowtrooper: Cool! Wish they would do
this with the speeder bike scout.
- Nien Numb: This dude is short. Well, now
I can have him and Lando flying the Falcon.
- AT-AT Walker: COOL! This takes me back
to the good ol' days! They should have had the head lasers work like they
did with the old AT-AT, oh well. Neat sounds, but the 2 figures......sheesh!
Both looked like they were painted by a blind guy. The commander look really
stupid. Whoever sculpted the head MUST have been an armature! Its SOOO BIG!
- Ceremonial Luke Skywalker: New face sculpt?
Jeez, just when I had finally gotten used to the old one. Now I have to
get used to "I got my nose broken" Luke Skywalker.
- General Lando Calrissian: JEEEEEZ!! How
far apart do his legs need to be???!!!!!!!
- Bespin Luke with removable hand:
fig. He looks cool and you can put his saber in his removable hand and
position any way you want!
- Ewok Village Liea: She looks like........a
- Rebel solider in Endor clothes: Don't
care for that arm position.
- Sale of the Droids 3 Pack: Wahooo!!!!!!
They got it right!!!!!! This is THE BEST C3PO figure EVER!!!!!! Cha-ching!!!! Bingo. Luke is finally looking like a human! I cant say much
for old Owen, although he needs to cut back on frosting his hair. Te he
- Final Jedi Duel: Wahooooo!! Emperor
with "sitting-on-his-throne" action feature! The only thing that
stinks about that is that the throne is stuck to the cinema base and can't
removed. Darth is shorter also. Compare him with any of the other Vader's and he looks like Darth's younger brother, Garth Vader.
- Removable helmet Darth Vader: This
is the best Darth Vader yet! He even has an elbow and wrist joint!
- Captain Piett: Wahooo! Another officer!
- Ishi Tib: Oh boy. Well at least he
is not as bad a the A.S.S. oops, I mean A.S.P. droid.
- Zuckuss: This is one of the best detailed
figures kenner has put out yet. His armor (underneath his cloak) rocks
too!. He is a little pipsqueak though! Not a very imposing bounty hunter.
Heres the things I noted were different.
if I missed something, let me know.One thing I would like to say in beginning,
I was more disappointed that more wasn't done to enhance the movie's bad
effects. They didn't seem to care to do to much to this one.
- Added sound effects here and there.
- In Jabbas palace there were about 3 or 4
added shots with Bob Feet walking here or there or flirting with the dancers
in the band. The flirting bit completely changes the preception of the
character. Here is Boba Fett, always standing, watching, keeping a keen
eye out for anything unusual. THEN all of the sudden, Boush walks in (a
dangerous bounty hunter) and Bobas' charming the girls. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!!
Has Boba lost his senses! He ALWAYS has an eye out for danger and
here his is caught off guard flirting with that alien woman. _____Sorry,
this little scene just upset me.
- Anyway, the old song by Sly Snoodles
is removed and another is added as well as new footage of the band and
singers. In my opinion, all they needed to do is replace Sly with a digital
stand in and that's it. They didn't need to do all this. I really didn't
care for it anyway. It was over too quick as well. No need for it.
- One of my biggest disappointments is the Rancor
scene. They didn't fix it!!!!!! It still looked awful!
- The Sarlac Pit now has tentacles and a mouth
that move about. I like this addition. Especially when Lando is on the
rim of the pit and you can see the mouth come up behind him. It really
added suspense to the shot. I really like the mouth coming up and grabbing
the guys that fall into the pit! There is one part about the pit that I
didn't like, When they first showed it, they did a zoom in and you could
really tell it was computer generated.
- In the final battle they didn't fix the "appearing"
TIE fighters. I hate that! When all those TIEs are flying around in
battle some of them just appear. You would think that they would have fixed
- When the TIEs are pursuing Lando and his
team in the super structure of the Death Star, there are some awful matte
squares around a couple of the TIEs that they didn't touch! Shame shame!
- By the end of the movie I was disappointed with all that they "didn't" do. But,,,,,the final scenes made
me forget all about that (at least for awhile). I love the change!
- First, everything goes normal until the X-Wings
make their flyby and launch fireworks. This is where the Ewok music begins
in the original. Instead of Ewok music there is another music played. The
only way I can describe the music is that is has feeling. Its quite good.
The fireworks stay and the background changes. We are now at Cloud City
seeing literally thousands of people celebrating the destruction of the
Empire. Then we pass a structure and the scene changes to Tatooine. Everyone is out in the streets having a good time. Then we see Courscant and there
are millions celebrating. Then we see night time and the whole place is
lit up and we hear thousands cheering and celebrating. I always have doubts
about the prospect of CGG becoming common place in films, but after seeing theses
scenes, doubts are erased.
- We no go back to Endor and see a new scene
of Ewoks playing some weird instruments (horns I think). There is another
new scene showing a lot of Ewoks and Pilots dancing around big fires and
such. Then the original footage begins again. The new music stays and the
movie ends like it originally did. One thing though, the original Ewok
music turned nicely into the Star Wars theme after the movie ended. The
new music doesn't do quite as well. But oh well!
Empire Strikes Back
- Here's the things I noted were different.
if I missed something, let me know.
Star Wars Special
- Here's the low
down........ It felt so odd watching this movie in the theaters.
I'm so used to seeing it on my T.V. instead. The main things I saw were....
- Added sound effects here and there.
- New footage of the sand crawler rolling along
- The Stormtroopers and their dewbacks looking
for the droids at the escape pod.
- The scene where Luke is talking to C3P0 about
not going out to look for R2 because it was too dark. Before, you could
tell that those shots were filmed at different times near dusk. Now it
all has been color corrected so every shot matches.
- Obi-Wan's house (outside) is new.
- Most aspects about Mos
Isley. New stuff everywhere.
- The Shevistine Wolfman is completely gone!
There are 2 new monster in it's place!
- Han shooting Greedo. Don't care too much
- The Han and Jabba scene. Boba Fett in the
background. I still don't like the new Jabba.
- The escape from docking bay 94
- The explosion of Alderran.
- Alot of CCG ship flying scenes here and there.
- Removal of 'cutouts' around ships.
- When Han and Chewie are yelling and running
after the stormtroopers on the Death Star, when the Stormtroopers turn
around and start chasing Han and Chewie...behind the turned Stormtroopers there is a BIG bay with TONS on Stormtroopers standing at attention. A few
look towards the ruckus that Han, Chewie, and the Stormtroopers are making.
- The landing on Yavin 4
- The reunion of Biggs and Luke. This caught
me off guard. Its brief but basically shows Biggs and Luke embracing and
telling each other good luck and nice to see each other and such.
- The take off of the ships from Yavin 4.
- Most of the ship's dog fighting at the Death
- The explosion of the Death Star. I love that
LOUD shockwave after it blows up!
- The award ceremony...They replaced the REALLY
HORRIBLE matte painting of several officers with real people! Thank goodness.
The Thing I didn't care for.....
- The sound (character dialogue) was still
funny sounding. As if it was recorded in a studio.
- They didn't replace the lightsaber blades. Those should have been replaced.
- Since some of the ships were computer generated,
the ones they left from the original stuck out like a sore thumb. They
should have replaced them all.
- They didn't fix all the coloring problems...sometimes
the hue would be off and such.
NOTE: Check out the scene on the
Death Star where the Stormtroopers open up the room where
Luke, Han, ect.. are at when they discover Princess Liea is there. When
the Stormtroopers open the door, they all walk in... Look at the Stormtrooper
on the far right. When he comes through the door is too low and he hits
his head on door!!!!!!
Star Wars Special
Well, its almost here! I have waited from day one way back when it was first reported in
the Lucas Film fan club magazine. If it came tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon
enough. I practically bought the Lucasarts Archives vol. 2 for the Making
Magic CD-ROM alone. I must say I'm disappointed with the way Jabba looks.
O.K. its a couple of years before ROTJ and he might be a bit thinner, but
The scene where
Greedo fires his gun at Han before Han shoots him is pointless as well.
Come on! A bounty hunter is sitting point blank range with his hand resting
on the table and he can't even shoot the person sitting right in front of
him? Whatever. I also noticed that Han says almost verbatim the exact lines
to Jabba as he says to Greedo. Oh well, I shouldn't look a gift horse in
the mouth (is that how the saying goes?). Every thing else looks great!
Star Wars Computer
I am a
loyal servant of the Empire! I can't get enough of TIE Fighter! Defending
the just rule of the Galactic Empire! All hail Emperor Palpatine!!! X-Wing
is O.K. but after tasting TIE Fighter I couldn't go back. Can't wait
for TIE Figfhter Vs. X-Wing! Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault 2 are
Cool. Talk about a big production! Although the actors were bad (in 2)
the games were entertaining. I especially liked the cut scene (in 2) when
Rookie-one escapes the Imperial base in the Correlian ship. That looked
real! My favorite level is the asteroid fly through. Those are the best
looking asteroids ever! It looks like they are real! Dark Forces... move
over doom! A game with Doom's style but set in the Star Wars universe......
unbeatable! Looking forward to Jedi Knight. Check out the Anime, Pc, and
Video game area too.
I saved the Empire!
One day while
I played TIE Fighter and the Emperor was taken hostage! As if. Anyway,
Darth and me fought our way across the galaxy in the TIE Advanced
and I saved the Emperor from the traitors! I think that was the supplement
Defender of the Empire, although I could be wrong. I just love getting
rid of the scum of the universe! Long live the Empire!
Star Wars Computer
codes. Type in these codes anytime during play.
- LABUG - Insect Mode
- LADATA - Displays coordinates
- LAIMLAME - God Mode
- LAMAXOUT - Gives you everything
- LAPOGO - Super Jump
- LARANDY - Weapons Super Charge
- LAUNLOCK - Gives you all items
Codes. Enter these in the Password area.
- Anoat - This is the Hoth level. In the cave
choose the path. left, left, right, left, left.
- Yuzzem - Yavin level.
- Beep in
- Biggs - Star Destroyer level.
Rebel Assault 2: the
Level accessibility codes.
TIE Fighter Tip.
- When you have to take on a large ship and
you have torpedoes; before you get close to it target it and use the comma
(,) key to cycle through all the gun turrets on the ship. Don't wait until
the torpedoes hit their target. Just fire one then right away target another turret
and fire. Doing this will get rid of alot of the big ship's guns
before you even get close!
Star Wars Customizable
I have wasted
a ton of cash on this game. At first I tried to complete a set. HA! After
2 and a half boxes I was still about twenty cards short of a set. Sheesh!
I gave up and took those cards and made some pretty good decks with them.
This is a good game. I get very tense and nervous when I play against my friend. Our decks are about equally powerful. It makes for intense game
play! My favorite card (that I have) would have to be the effect; K'lor
Slug. It lets you use 1 force to raise your power total by 1 for each unit
of ability you have at a battle. So, if you have a total ability of 22
you can raise your total power to 44 (if you have 22 force activated to
Star Wars Books
I haven't read
that many Star Wars books so this isn't a long area. Shadows of the Empire
was O.K. I guess it was actually a bit disappointing considering all the
hype surrounding it. It just seemed like another book, nothing special.
Heir to the Empire was good. At first I had
my doubts. Everyone was saying it was good and at the time I wasn't interested.
Later I got around to reading them and I really enjoyed them. They keep
Truce at Bakura....eeek! Talk about a let
down. I have nothing more to say about it.
- 2008 AccordingToWhim.com